Surprisingly enough... I actually slept pretty well the night before the Big Day! I am sure the long plane ride, and luau the day before helped! I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed around 6:00 AM ready to get things rolling. (Since I am a constant, anxious mess in day-to-day life, I knew I wanted an early morning wedding. I would never make it to Sunset!)
Getting Ready
Tightening me up! I bought my dress two sizes smaller than what I was supposed to get when I originally tried it on and ordered it. Amber (my gal) lectured me on the risk of doing that...but I was VERY optimistic that I would gain will power or be an anxious wreck as the big day approached. Weight loss under stressful circumstances is the only plus to Anxiety :) And... come to find out, by the big day it was actually a little bit big. Thank God for a corset back!
Arriving
My sister was so nice to help me get out of the car. It is always tricky riding in a car in a Wedding Gown. As soon as we pulled up the photographer was ready! I was so caught off guard by it all and was not expecting her to already be snapping pictures. I quickly decided I would never make it as a celebrity with paparazzi!The BEAUTIFUL location
Before I continue with the ceremony I just want you to marvel at this most beautiful place, Makena Cove.
The beach in the early morning was just an absolute, beautiful calm. Now I understand why photographers prefer to take pictures in early morning light.Only God could create something so beautiful!
The Ceremony
Shortly after arriving, and taking a few pics... it was time to start! I could not believe everything was happening so quickly, but at the same time I was filled with excitement.
I had no idea what to expect. I thought as soon as I made may way down the walkway to the beach below, Justin would see me. However, they had him turned away.
After our minister blew into the Conch Shell 3 times, it was my signal to start walking towards them, and Justin's signal to turn around. It was an amazing start to an A-mazing ceremony!
Our minister was truly the best. Words can not describe what a beautiful experience he turned our ceremony into. It was FAR more than I could have ever dreamed up or imagined.
My Handsome Groom
Do you think I am excited?!? Just look at that grin :)
Exchange of Leis
Saying our vows.
Sand Ceremony
The black sand that Justin poured, is the sand from Waianapanapa Beach, where we were engaged one year earlier. The sand that I am poured, is the sand from Makena Cove, our wedding beach. Bringing our Engagement and Wedding full circle.
You may Kiss the Bride!
Husband & Wife
At Last!
It's Official
Our Families
| My Parents: Bill & Mom ~ Susan & Dad |
| Justin's Parents: Ken & Liz |
| Phil (my sister's husband) & my sister Bri ~ My Mom & Bill |
| My Dad & Susan |
| Kaylyn (Andy's wife) & Ken ~ Liz & Andy (Justin's brother) |
Our Wedding Party
| Handsome Groomsmen! |
| Gorgeous Bridesmaids! |
| Best Man |
| Matron of Honor |
Loved that our married siblings could stand by us on this day. They will be a light of guidance for us as we make our way through this thing called marriage!
| Our own special family tradition |
Beach Pics...
Just Maui'd
I am so thankful for a husband that will let me live out my wildest dreams!
Since my first visit to the islands when I was younger, I had always hoped to someday marry the love of my life on one of those beautiful beaches. Always stating, Man built churches with God's grace, God made these beautiful lands with his own hands. Finding my true love, and seeing his eagerness to support my hopes and dreams and make my wish come true, made the day even more special. I am so thankful for the support of our families and their presence on our Big Day, and each day thereafter.Well folks... that is the wedding.
But we're not done yet!
I will soon add: amazing church pics and our reception brunch at The Four Seasons



4 comments:
It truly was a beautiful day! It was perfect for you and Justin! And the pictures are awesome!
Love it, Jami!!!
CUTE! I can see that this post might have taken awhile! And can I just add that the alarm went off at 5am not 6am... :)It was the perfect day!
What a perfect and most beautiful day for you two. Your pictures do a great job of capturing the serentiy of your special day!
Post a Comment