Reception Brunch
So after (making) our family wait around (bored) while we took our wedding photos on the beach we were finally all ready to head up the road to the Four Seasons Hotel in Wailea for a YUMMY Reception Brunch. We ate our brunch at Duo. Spago, the restaurant upstairs, is closed during the daytime so we had the entire place to ourselves! Better yet, we were out on the private lanai over looking the ocean and resort. It was gorgeous! I couldn't think of a better, more intimate way to celebrate with our families.
We had the most delicious meal! Kona Coffee, fresh fruit juices, and fresh fruit to start. Then a choice of either the Wailea Breakfast Skillet (scrambled eggs, roasted bell peppers and Maui onions served with bacon) or Belgian Waffle with YUMMY Coconut Syrup! Are your taste buds watering yet?!? Well just in case they aren't... let me add a couple of pics for you =)
Finally we topped it all off with a toast from the Dads and a glass of champagne!
![]() |
| Papa Kenn ~ Justin's Dad |
![]() |
| My Dad ~Bill |
![]() |
| My Dad ~Jeff |
Keawala'i Congregational Church
After we filled our tummies (and my dress size increased two-fold) we headed off to the beautiful Church in Makena for more pictures. At first I wasn't sure (we had already taken so many, I now felt bloated after eating, was my make-up and hair perfect, etc...), but now I am so glad we did!Keawala'i Congregational Church was founded in 1832 and built in 1855. The church sits on top of a tranquil oceanside cove in the small town of Makena. The walls of this Protestant Church are 3-feet thick and made of lava, using coral as mortar. The Hawaiians planted ti plants around the church, which according to custom, provides protection from evil. The church still holds worship services to this day, including traditional Hawaiian services. We attended a traditional Hawaiian Easter service outdoors at this church just two days after our wedding.
The BEAUTIFUL Church
Heading Inside
The Church pews are made out of the most beautiful Koa Wood
The 3 feet thick walls!

My Husband, always wanting to play photographer!
We headed back outside to get some pictures next to this beautifully shaped tree. My sister and Philip have pictures under a tree very similar to this.
Just having fun!
A couple of amazing bouquet pictures.
Check out that bling! What? What? LOL
My sister took all of these amazing pictures. She is so very talented.
I feel so blessed to have her in my life, and be so close!
Reception
Originally we were going to have a regular reception at home. But I am just a no fuss kinda girl. Plus I hate the attention! My sister and Philip were so gracious to offer up their backyard for a smaller reception. I am not sure that they knew what they were in for when they agreed to it (hee, hee) but they got the idea when they saw the humongous tent pop up in the backyard :)
Thank goodness for that tent too! It was off and on, sunshine and pouring down showers throughout the day. Typical WA weather for ya.
And don't let these outdoor tent weddings/recpetions fool you! ...we paid more to have this small, intimate backyard reception, than if we would have just kept our reservations at the Pioneer Park Pavilion for a full blown reception. Who would've thought???
| Floating Candles for Night |
| My sister's all-American white picket fence! |
| I HEART Martha Stewart :) |
![]() |
| Orchids on black branches centerpiece. |
![]() |
| Black sand, candle centerpiece. Yes! She has adorable white picket fences in her backyard too! The sweet lights we had up in the tent. The provided the perfect mood lighting as the night went on. |
Let There Be CAKE!
I admit it... I, Jami Lynn Dahl, have a problem with sugar. Particularly cake & cupcakes & cookies...and I do prefer homemade. I blame this on the fact that I am a baker and not a cook. It pretty much seems that you are either or... well I am the baker...therefore I indulge in sweets!
So.... needless to say.... we had a sweets paradise! A yummy almond cake with raspberry filling from Creme de la Creme, and Vanilla~Vanilla cupcakes & Coconut cupcakes from Hello Cupcake. Ahhhh Yummmm!
I love, love, LOVED my special day(s)! But I am very happy to continue on just blogging about regular old life and all the joys it brings!
So.... needless to say.... we had a sweets paradise! A yummy almond cake with raspberry filling from Creme de la Creme, and Vanilla~Vanilla cupcakes & Coconut cupcakes from Hello Cupcake. Ahhhh Yummmm!
| A few of my cake stands...that my husband would love to get rid of! I guess I could start collecting something a little smaller... like diamonds. Hint, Hint. |
| Coconut! |
![]() | |||
| Vanilla~Vanilla (and yes... I have cupcake stands too!) |
![]() |
| Yes... we are in Jeans! I so wanted to wear my dress again, but with the on-off weather we just decided to go a little more comfy! |
| |
| So Nice! No face smooshing....just sweet love :) Ahhh.... |

















3 comments:
All of it looks SO BEAUTIFUL!! Bri really did do an awesome job with the pics and you are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all of this. Also, amazing that Justin can ice ribbon on a cake so well!! :)
Cute :) So fun to have all of this documented! Now on to DIY, shopping, baking, etc!! :)
Aw all of those pictures are so gorgeous. I have such a soft spot for wedding pictures! (maybe it's the fact that i'm so far from getting married hahaha).
And I love the idea of a wedding brunch!
Melissa
Post a Comment