December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend!

 Thanksgiving
Mmmm...mmmm...good!

Traditionally, in the past, my Thanksgivings have usually been spent at my grandparents house on Whidbey Island or my Dad's house in Puyallup.  I can never get enough of my Grandma Stowe's Thanksgiving dinner...especially her stuffing, which my Dad and I fight over, and smother with the most fattening of gravy.  Yikes!  If it weren't for the instant trip to the bathroom (a running joke in our family...no pun intended), I am sure we would gain 10 lbs. from this meal alone.  TMI... I know...but get over it :)

In recent years, my Mom's side of the family began to hold Thanksgiving at our cabin in Greenwater.  I love time spent up there, so it put me in quite a predicament, because I felt I needed my Grandma Stowe's stuffing and cabin time.  So I would gobble up Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad's side of the family, rush up to Greenwater, arriving just in time for my second helping of pecan pie (mmmm...my favorite).

Now with my  loving husband in  my life, we are on a three house rotation, with a different hosting house each year.  However, we don't sacrifice our cabin time :)

This year we spent Thanksgiving with Justin's parents.  It was a great time spent with my new  family.  One thing, about the Dahl family... there is never a lull in conversation, or an awkward silence.  In fact, you will be lucky to get your two cents in.  This is actually great for me, because I am a keen observer of personal interaction...rather than a talker.  I just like to sit there and take it all in:)  Let's just say...I think I know each one of their personalities better than they think. LOL  I wonder what they would do if I raised my hand like one of my second graders at the dinner table in order to talk.  Hmmm.... I might have to try this sometime. :)  All in all, the dinner was absolutely delicious.

After dinner we took off for the cabin.  This is about an hour's drive from where we live.  We, of course, got there just in time for my second helping of Pecan Pie :) Shhhh... don't tell my Uncle Danny.

Thanksgiving weekend at the Cabin means many things:
Other than my favorite...which is spending time with my loving family.

Top Ten Count Down

#10
"Happy Nappy"

#9
Gossip Magazines
And Yes... Ryan Reynolds is one of the Sexiest Men Alive!
#8
Game time with the Family & Cribbage Showdowns

And usually many other card games.
#7
Movie watching
Serendipity is ALWAYS watched during this weekend.  One time, my sister and I even made frozen hot chocolates before starting the movie.  We are dorks... but I love that we are dorks!

#6
A walk down to the river
Excuse my cheek... my cold skin had just gotten slapped in the face by a wet tree limb :(
#5
Tons of leftovers... YUM!

#4
Christmas Photo Shoot :)
Not it...but close... hee hee :)
*YOWZA*

Love my Sister and Phil time!

#3
Playing with the dogs
Yes... 5 dogs!
I just can't believe I only got a picture of my Harley.
How can you not LOVE him?!  Awwwww!
He would only walk in the huge tire track...with 8 inches of fresh snow piled on each side of him.  It was so funny, like his own personal tunnel.
#2
Christmas Tree Huntin'

Please keep in mind...
The sheer beauty your are about to witness, exists in real life.
This is not a Hollywood set, or backdrop :)

The following pictures are simply A-MAZING!!!!
*Enjoy*
The trail less traveled
Winter Wonder

The "vastness" of it all
Kinda deep!
Getting deeper!
Now this is ridiculous!  The snow is chest high on my 6'2" husband!
 While walking crawling through the snow, I came across a very tall, but small stump (probably a cut Christmas tree from years past) and climbed on top of it.  From there, I jumped into this very deep snow.  It was so fun...like jumping into the swimming pool off of the diving board!  My husby took a picture of it, but it is on my Dad's camara :(  So sad!

After giving her a VERY good shake...we finally found her!  You wouldn't believe how much more difficult it is to find a tree when it is covered in inches upon inches of snow!
Timber!!!!!!
At this time, Justin decided to sit on me, and bury me alive in the snow so that just my head was showing!  I was not appreciative of this act, as it was claustrophobic and VERY cold.  This picture... is also on another camera.

The annual group shot!

Our Beautiful drive back down to the cabin...again...Enjoy.


And back to my list...
The #1
(other than spending time with my loving family)

Waking up to fresh snow.
 8 inches of it on Sunday morning!



Ohhh... and can't forget running into these guys.  They are always hanging around in the "safe zone".

This is 2 of the 20 something we saw.
'Tis the season...

Loves...
Jami

3 comments:

girl.martin said...

That sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving! I love your traditions! :) Also, AMAZING pics!

Phil and Bri said...

You got some great pics!! I want to go back!

Sandy said...

Very nice Jami - love all the pictures! Love the one of Harley walking in the tire track! The pictures where you cut trees, reminds me of the snow in Yellowstone in January when we use to go on our snowmobile trips!!