December 22, 2010

Girls Weekend 2010

Girls Weekend!

I love my girlfriends and spending time with them!  But anymore, it rarely seems like we spend enough time with each other outside of work.  So in the beginning of November, I decided to plan a little girlfriends get-away for right before Christmas.  Much needed, much deserved!

We decided that we would head up to the cabin for an over-night stay.  While Jenni and I do this often, the other 3 had never spent time up at the cabin before...so it was destined to be a fun and entertaining experience!

We piled into the "little yellow bus" (my car) at noon on Tuesday and headed on our merry way.  We stopped off at McD's for lunch in Enumclaw, grabbed a few last minute things at Safeway and continued on toward our destination.  

Sadly, when we arrived at the cabin, all of the beautiful snow from Thanksgiving had pretty much melted away with only a few spots here and there.  That wasn't going to dampen our fun though!  We went inside, got settled and started heating that place up...brrrrrrrrrr... it was cold in there!  Of course there was a race for the beds and our two "Goldilocks" had to find the one that was just right. 
Too Squished!
Too crowded!
Just Right!
 While we patiently waited for the cabin to heat up, we decided to head out down towards the river and explore.  Jenni and I <3 doing this whenever we are up there...but have you met the rest of my friends?!? LOL  They are very.... ummm... "girly".

 I love my Jenni...and all of the fun times we have had up at the cabin together!

 Merrill was a trooper...and look she even found some snow!

Tiff is always great for entertainment.  She always keeps me laughing...ALWAYS!

And Jaimi?  Well there was a little whining...and some big girl tears (LOL)...
I am such a great, comforting friend!
But we love her just the same!
Okay...so maybe there wasn't real big girl tears... but there was a little whining though! ;)

As we headed back toward the cabin we spotted a herd of Elk over in the clubhouse field.  What a special treat for these girls to see.  I was so hoping they would come out to play at some point while we were up there!
This little lady was either very friendly or very protective of her herd...she just kept coming closer and closer to us!  I have NEVER experienced that up there before.  I am usually the one that ends up startling them, not them startling me!

While we were gone... Santa had arrived!  Yay!!!!!! 

Stockings I made for the girls!
Mine!
 We each brought $5 presents for everybody...so fun!

Here are all my goodies:

When the girls arrived to my house earlier that day... we all just about died laughing when we saw this:

Yes Merrill and I in the same outfit!  Same sweats with striped gray thermals. :)  
After all...we ARE friends!
We thought we were pretty cool & special
until...
Jenni & Jaimi walked out in the same jammies!  
None of this was planned...  We are such dorks!
Poor Tiff... but she later discovered that her and Merrill were wearing the same toenail polish...so all was well ;)

We made fun crafts.
And they ALL turned out so great!

The most fun by far were the games!  Definitely some memories I will never forget :)
So glad I could spend some much needed time with my besties...during this crazy, hectic time of year!
Thanks Girls!!!!!
Can't wait to do it again!
Loves,
Jami

3 comments:

Jenni said...

It was a great time (like always). I am thinking this needs to be a new holiday tradition. Thanks, Jami!

Phil and Bri said...

Oh my word, this trip looked amazing!! What a great friend you are and of course you made them the most adorable stockings! Loved all the pics! The jammies is hilarious!

Sandy said...

Looks like fun was had by all! Glad you enjoy and make good use of the cabin! Very cute post Jami ~ you should be a writer! Love, mom