Anyways, she led me out to the guest house [read: the apartment above the detached garage (guest house just sounds... um... wealthier LOL)]. And... as a side note: that is what I got accustomed to saying when I lived there. Frankly, telling people that you moved back in with your parents above their detached garage... well kinda made me feel like a 26 year old stoner who played video games all day and wasn't ready to come to terms with the fact that he had grown up. That was certainly not me. So I told people I lived in my parents guest house, while my condo was being built. Sounds so much better don't ya think?
Anyways... back to it... we go into the guest house, wear we happened upon three antique chairs. For a brief moment, I felt just like Goldilocks (well minus the beautiful long blond hair, petite frame and adorable dress) but that's another story... No... really it is... it is called Goldilocks and The Three Bears. And this is not about three bears... this is about three chairs. Ha, I made a rhyme! Well, the first chair was too ratty (and Bill wanted that one anyways), the second one was too, ummm...Orange, but the last one...ahhh... the last one was JUST right!
Perfect upholstery, nice and solid, beautiful wood (which would eventually be painted)...really just perfect!
Where did we get these chairs? They were my Grandma Yahn's. They had been sitting down in storage for some time, and now they are rescued!
The thing about me, is I get sooooo excited for new projects...that I stink at taking before shots... so this is my best before shot. Here she is all wrapped up and ready for primer and paint.
Here she is with her paint all done!
Now I am starting to trim her. Before she had a yellowish/gold trim tacked on with plain tack nails.
I am using a matching green trim with light gold decorative tacks.
I also trimmed out the arms and the hind legs.
And... ta da! Here she finally is...
Ain't she purdy :)
LOVE HER!
I hope I did Grandma Yahn proud.
She upholstered the chair herself... so I was so glad to be able to keep that. The whole while I was tacking on the trim, I imagined her frustrated and swearing just like me as I put this darn beauty together! LOL








No comments:
Post a Comment