Oh Christmas Tree... Oh Christmas Tree...
So... I am absolutely in love with my Christmas tree this year. She is wonderful. Really she is. Is it weird that I woke up every morning this last week, watered her, and told her how beautiful she was? Sadly, I did. Why do I love her so much you ask? Well...she is the perfect height, has the perfect natural noble layers (so all of my ornaments hang nicely rather than lay against the tree) and she fits nicely in the corner of our living room. Did I mention that she is the skinniest tree I have ever gotten? Do you think that is my subconscious trying to tell me something? Like maybe "lay off the cookies lady"! Tall, skinny, beautiful...everything I desire to be :)
So tonight I finally got around to decorating her! First the lights. I hate the lights! But... on a good note, with her being so skinny she only took 2 strands as opposed to the 4-5 strands I usually use. Oh the bonuses of being thin. ;)
And what tree doesn't need a feather boa? Hmmmm?
![]() | |
| These feather boas are actually made for Christmas trees. They have a special loop on one end to slip onto the branch and then drape down. I <3 them! |
I must share some of my favorite "ornaments" on my tree.
![]() |
| The traditional "Our First Christmas" |
![]() |
| Our Monogram |
![]() |
| Green, Red, and White Poinsettias |
![]() |
| Clear Beaded Flower Clips |
![]() |
| And an Ornament as old as ME! One of my first ornaments from 1979. |
I was so lucky when I got my first place back in 2001. That December my mom went to Macy's and hooked me up with a bunch of beautiful ornaments for my first tree. I love and cherish all of them to this day! Aside from those, I could probably tell you where each of the rest of my ornaments were purchased. They were always thoughtful and purposeful purchases. I love each and everyone I put on my tree.
Here she is in all her glory.
Ahhhhh....
On to the rest of the living area tomorrow!
I will post more later :)
Loves,
Jami











5 comments:
You are so adorable. I need your address. And, we have 12 first christmas ornaments because we got married in December and I had a shower where I got ornaments per guest. I love the connection with every single ornament. You're a cutie!
Loves.
Tiffany
Beautiful tree Jami! It fits you and the corner perfectly! Can't wait for the rest of the Christmas tour. Don't forget to show us Justin's outdoor talent with the lights!
I love the hat on the top of the tree that is genius!! You shouldn't have told me it was PB because I would have believed you and your creative self came up with it! ha! I am jealous you are done with your tree...ours is finally in our house but a little bare! Can't wait to see the rest of the house!
You are such a great writer. I still think, in your thirty something years, you should consider being a writer. Love the tree.
You are always so flattering with your words Jackie! I have been pondering it. I told Justin that maybe I could work it out to be a stay at home mom and start writing children's books. I mean how hard can it be? I read some to my class... and think, "seriously, this got published?" LOL I just need to get some of my ideas down on paper and start working with them.
Post a Comment